Piazza's Licensing Model Has Changed
Piazza announced that they are changing their licensing model and that payment would be required to use Piazza in the spring semester. The details on this new license model are currently evolving. We will update the information on this page before the start of the spring 2021 semester with the relevant information. For more information or specific questions, contact email@example.com
Piazza is an online platform that facilitates interaction among students as an alternative to Blackboard discussion boards. It started as a way to help students who were stuck on homework problems get unstuck with the help of their classmates, TAs, and professors. Piazza is also FERPA-compliant.
Over time, with valuable feedback from thousands of instructors, the product has evolved to become a centralized place for instructors to conduct all class related communication:
- Answer students’ questions once for all students to see
- Students engage with classmates in online discussion
- Post class related announcements
- Post class files, resources and the class syllabus
- Conduct polls to get a sense of where students stand
- Receive/send private messages from/to students on more sensitive subject matters
Piazza also supports LaTeX for equation rendering and has code block styles. There is also a rich text editor that allows for embeding media such as image and videos.
Piazza works seamlessly with Blackboard. Read this guide to add Piazza to your course site.